Nexus Info and Upcoming Patch Changes
The latest patches have made improvements to the Nexus system in terms of performance. We also did some background work in order to further increase stability and performance during Nexus events.
Our next patch will include further changes coming up for the Nexus system in TERA.
- A new announcement will happen in-game before the Nexus opens up. With this announcement 4 NPCs will spawn in-game.
- Players will have to manually get the Nexus quest from those NPCs in order to join a Nexus event. Therefore the Nexus quest will no longer be automatically acquired.
- A maximum of 120 players can acquire the Nexus quest (each Nexus 120 users).
- The quest will be automatically cancelled if a player leaves the Nexus area.
- The Nexus Traverse will then be accessible after closing just one Nexus.
- Monsters in the Nexus area will no longer drop Reputation motes (though you will still be able to obtain these in the Nexus Traverse)
- The overall number of Nexuses to close in order to complete the quest will be decreased and Reputation Nexus boons will be removed in this patch for the open world Nexus monster drops. Due to these changes the quest reward table will be adjusted accordingly.
- The amount of Reputations credits, Reputation XP and Gold rewards will be heavily increased for each Nexus stage and the Nexus Traverse. We’ll release more details about these changes closer to the release of the next patch.
- The debuff for reducing the HP within a Nexus will be removed.
- Markers on the mini map will be adjusted:
- Blue Nexus symbol, when less than 50% of receivable Nexus quests are available.
- Yellow Nexus symbol, when 51-70% of receivable Nexus quests are available.
- Red Nexus symbol, when 71-99% of receivable Nexus quests are available.
- A lock icon will be displayed, when there are no more Nexus quests available.
- The overall number of remaining Nexus quests will be shown in text format.
Until then we also ask you, our community, for assistance.
During Nexus events hundreds of players work together and fight in one location. If you split up the numbers of characters from one place to two or three different places, the performance will increase for everyone during Nexus events.