Patch Preview - The Argon Queen
By : Raven
With much speculation surrounding the plans for TERA's future content swirling around the community, it's time to talk about what's on the way and more importantly, when!
Assuming that everything goes to schedule, and it's looking like it will, we plan to roll out TERA's next large scale game-changing patch during the month of August. Codenamed "The Argon Queen", this patch will be our largest to date, introducing huge amounts of brand new content and new ways to play TERA!
While the patch isn't ready for release just yet, we want to give you a sneak peek of things to come. Follow-up articles will go into further detail, but right now we simply want to let you know what you can look forward to playing in the not too distant future!
New skills and balancing for Tanking classes in TERA (Warrior/Lancer)
- A new resource called resolve will be introduced for the Warrior and Lancer classes. This will allow them to defend and dodge without eating up precious mana. This extra mana can then be used to pull aggro or launch offensive onslaughts.
- The Warrior class will receive 3 new skills that will enable it to tank as a stationary target.
- The Lancer class will receive 2 new skills that will enable it to dodge and be slightly more effective offensively.
With those changes and additions Warriors will become even better tankers, while the solo and offensive Lancers’ experience will be significantly improved.
Three new instanced dungeons for even more endgame content
This update will also deliver three brand new dungeons featuring never before seen monsters, mechanics and tier 14 loot.
- Argon Corpus features malicious monsters, some of whom drop tier 14 gear, in an environment that's far from hospitable. You will need your wits about you when venturing through this dungeon. (Normal & Hard Mode)
- Sirjuka Gallery's luscious multi-tiered landscape allows you to fight your way through tiered stages in order to earn Sirjuka coins that can be exchanged for tier 14 gear, as well as glyphs.
- Manaya’s Core, the home of the Argon Queen, sees your efforts with the Federation come to a head in this battle of the titans.
- These new dungeons will offer a range of great new challenges for our high level players and reward them with awesome equipment like the new tier 14 gear
15 vs. 15 Battleground
Structured PvP combat is here! It's time to start strategizing as you'll soon be able to fight towards objectives, and demonstrate to the rest of the world that YOU are a force to be reckoned with.
- A 30-player instanced battleground introduces a whole new way to PvP combat
- Teams must fight towards achieving 3 objectives in order to ensure their victory
- Gain points by reaching objectives and defeating opposing players
- Neutral monsters roam the battleground and can be hunted down for additional points and buffs
- Battlegrounds offer great rewards for both PvP and PvE players
The Raid system is coming to TERA including the first raid dungeon
- A raid system for up to 20 players (4 parties) will be added to the game
- Raid groups can be used for Nexus and Battleground events
- Special raid UI allows you to easily keep track of the status of everyone else in your group
- After successfully completing a Nexus, an entry point for the Nexus Traverse will open up, granting your raid group access to the first raid dungeon in TERA!
What else is there to look forward to?
- New story and zone quests
- A whole load of new items
- A little love for the archer class
- More class and PvP balancing
- Changes to dungeons, skills and items
- And much more
As soon as we have a finalised a release date we’ll be sure to announce it for all to see.
We’re very much looking forward to a great new update that's bursting at the seams, and we hope you are too!